Saturday, June 6, 2009

Best RV Show in Town

I took a trip out to Mission today to spend a couple of hours at the Tin Can Tourist (TCT) vintage travel trailer meet. WOW! An incredible array of vintage trailers were on display:
  • Airstream- Bambi, Safari, International, Ambassador, Argosy
  • Spartan
  • Airfloat
  • Chinook
  • Sport Ranger
  • Shasta
  • Comet
  • Serro Scotty
  • and of course....boler
I had so many favorites, all for different reasons.
















The Argosy, which is a painted Airstream. Seems Airstream wanted to use some of their blemished aluminum and came up with this painted model.







This Airfloat, pure class inside ....












....and out!














The Spartan was just huge inside.






















The Airstream Ambassador which was a house on wheels. I can just picture Dick Van Dyke walking in and tripping over the ottoman.


Well worth the drive out. It wasn't actually an RV show, but a camping weekend for people with vintage trailers. Having been to a similar meet for fiberglass trailer owners earlier this year I figure the odds were good that they would have an open trailer day on Saturday, as they did at the meet I was at. Fortunately for me, there were people there that I met at the last meet so I had some credibility when I started walking into peoples trailers.

Oh, and have a look at some of the tow vehicles...

No comments:

Post a Comment